I do like python a lot, but I feel some things are still missing. Correct me if I’m wrong.
* How do I know what can I import? I can use help(os) but how do I know that ‘os’ exists (from within the interpreter). I want a command like dir that can search through the default import directories. “mdir” (like module dir) or “pdir” (package dir).
* Tkinter sucks, why isn’t wx or anything else included?
* The php documentation really makes me jealous because the user contributed comments are VERY useful. Why doesn’t python docs have some web 2.0 in it? Like digg’s comment system.
* So many crappy IDE’s, I can’t find one that’s good for everything. At first I liked Wing but nowadays it’s way too slow and heavy so I switched to SPE which is great except it can crash for no reason.
* The GIL needs to be taken more seriously with a dedicated page explaining why it’s in place, how to escape it’s suckiness, and a roadmap to minimize the damage. Alot of people care about performance more than idiot-proof concurrency.
And I think i have a few more rants to go on about this, I’ll post ’em when I recall.